Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 4th and Old Friends!



Rick and Patsy came for a quick visit for July 4th and Lola! It was fun, and it was perfect timing because Lola just started baby talking and trying to roll over. We are really starting to see her develop and change, sad to see the tiny newborn slip away but excited for things to come.

We also enjoyed reconnecting with old friends, as in Patsy's friend Felice Gavin. Two years ago Patsy called and told Kevin an old friend and playmate from 2nd grade in Houston was living in Raleigh. It turns out Barbara and her husband Matt were our neighbors, literally. Wow, small world. We have enjoyed getting to know them and hanging out. But the best part was seeing Patsy and Barbara's mom Felice reconnect after all these years. They have kept in touch with the occasional email and holiday card, but these was a real chance to catch up. The best test of friendship that has been divergent because of geography, life, whatever is meeting up again and just picking up where you left off. I always say old friends are good for the soul.

So my hope for Lola is that she can learn the value of friendship and to be a great girlfriend herself. Some friendships will come and go, some will last forever. It will be one of the most valuable life lessons she will learn.

Make new friends, but keep the old...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Donna! I saw on Facebook that you had a blog, so I came to check it out. Your little girl is precious!! Good to see you are doing well. I'm going to add your blog to my bloglist so I can keep up with your family. My blog is www.lifewiththekeedys.blogspot.com if you want to check it out (although I rarely post anymore, but I'm going to try to get better).

    ReplyDelete