Friday, June 26, 2009

Back to work...

I am back to work after 3 months maternity leave -this is my third week back. If I had written the first week, the tone would have been ok, happy to be be back and enjoying a change of pace. Missed Lola, but doable. Second week, not so much. I guess it set in how much I miss her, how tired you are at the end of the day, and how little time I get with her during the week. Monday and Tuesday are good, Kevin keeps her on Monday, she goes to the nanny on Tues but he is still there during the day, and we usually meet for lunch. By Tuesday night it gets stressful, he is gearing up to go into the office at 10PM and will do that through Friday night. So Wed-Friday mornings and evenings I am on my own.

It is doable, and many families have far more stressful lives. But this is not how I pictured it would. We need a change to happen so life can be normal again, we can wake up together and go to sleep together, that would be nice. Thank goodness for a happy, sweet baby. It's as if she knows we have these obstacles, and she wants to be a good girl and not any trouble for Mommy and Daddy. She is so sweet, I told her last night when she fussed "It's ok to cry." Why is this baby so good? I don't deserve her…

So I know it goes from easy to harder and easy again. Working moms probably stay on this rollar coaster of emotions

No comments:

Post a Comment