Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lola Boo

So I am officially in love with Lola, affectionaly nicknamed Lola Boo. I have to confess, this love was not immediate- in fact, the last two months have been consumed with my need to adjust and absorb her, understand her and know I can do this and she is ok. Those fears interrupted the expected overwhelming feelings of love, which were there, but not consuming. That has changed, and now when I look at her I feel it in my bones.

I could list the dozens of things that are so amazing about her- her little chirps, the smile I am seeing so often now, how much fun it is to rock her every night before bedtime. How everyone seems so drawn to her when we are out and about. She is so special, beautiful, and consistent. Her temperament is perfect, she complains very little and just seems happy to be alive and loved by Mommy and Daddy. Could I have asked for a better baby?

Who knew how much fun she would be, and how much Kevin and I would love her so much? All the parents of the world were right, you just don't understand until you are in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment