Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Everyone needs an Aunt Lola

I got the most beautiful crocheted baby blanket from my Aunt Donna, for whom I am named. It is pink with a green border and just adorable. It will be cherished as much as the other pink crocheted bedspread she gave me, originally made fo my Grandma but passed on to me by Aunt Donna shortly before Grandma's death. Both are cherished...

So my Aunt Donna and my Aunt Jana have been especially wonderful to me throughout my life. I spent many summers with Aunt Jana and she still remembers my birthday and sends cards for Valentine's Day and Easter. Always so thoughtful...

Aunt Lola had the same meaning for Patsy, so when she reminised about her so often and with such fondness, I remember thinking how much I loved the stories, and the name. Hence Lola Grace was chosen, Grace for Grace Wynn, another beloved aunt. My friend Olivia has her Aunt Mandy, and I am sure I know lots of girls who had thier favorite Aunt. Grandmother's are special and revered, too, but maybe there is something different about an Aunt, more like a sister, I don't know. A great Aunt is just special, fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment