Sunday, December 20, 2009

Fairview Road


Lola doesn't know it, but we have left the first house she has lived in, the house we brought her home to, and the place where we were married. Kevin and I view Fairview differently- I saw it as an adventure, a labor of love, and our first joint venture. He considers it a tremendous money pit, potentially a bad investment, and a current financial drain until it sells. Both of us are right to some degree.

So after we got the movers on their way and the cars loaded, we had that final walk through. I don't know how to explain how I felt, because I have said goodbye to so many homes, even one I owned on my very own. But I wasn't exactly sad. But looking at pictures now makes me sad. Even with all of its issues, I loved my little pink house.

"Little pink houses, for you and me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment